Advertisers - Listen!

I mentioned above how grey-haired women are not used very much in advertising and in the media. 

Since I joined 'Gray and Proud' on Facebook, I have learned that there is a huge number of women who are being ignored by companies in their marketing of products. I think attitudes need to be changed about grey-haired women, ie attitudes in women themselves, society in general, the media, and in the world of beauty/fashion and advertising where trends are set and where influence is created. I am convinced that there are a lot of women who would consider going grey if they could only see how beautiful they could be by the example shown in advertising. Advertising is so powerful and has so much influence on people's attitudes and lives. So, advertisers please listen - we want to see chic and sassy grey-haired models on television, in magazines, in newspapers, on billboards, on the internet, etc!

We grey-haired women have a voice and we matter too!
 

7 comments:

  1. Excellent points, and the other important information for advertisers, perhaps the most important, is that most grey-haired women -have- money to spend on beauty and health and they -want- to spend it on the best quality products.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Denise! It would be nice to have pictures to accompany each post; nice big ones!

    Sue
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know Sue - you are right, more pictures mixed in with the text would be better. I must see what I can do when I get some time. Thanks for the good tip silver sister! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been really impressed by going through this awesome blog. Visit Persian To Persian

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder what others think about the following. Grey hair is a question of pigment or lack of so shouldn't prejudice against grey hair be considered in the same way as negative comments about the colour of one's skin?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grey hair is the colour of life. And I love life. No more dyes for me. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow impressive and the most eye catching title of your blog and obviously its very unique thanks for sharing this information with us..

    ReplyDelete